Tuesday 2 March 2010

2010 Model of a Mobile Snowman

Day-before-yesterday and yesterday, the temperature was + 1 C after a massive snowfall in Oulu. It was ideal as I had plenty of snowman snow in the garden.

I first cleared the pathways in the garden and created a huge mound of snow at the back.

There I made snow caves and put in coloured lanterns, so we had a beautiful coloured snow garden last night. (Unfortunately, neither Jacob or I took pictures of this!)

I did do something else, but I did not tell Jacob in the evening.

When he came home yesterday afternoon, I asked him whether he had looked around the garden. He looked out of the kitchen window and burst out laughing.



There, sitting on the garden chair was an enormous snowman, relaxing.



Then he turned his eyes towards the garden swing. Sitting there, ready to be pushed, was my this year's creation of a mobile snowman!

The snow under the swing is a bit too much at the moment. We have been promised temperatures of around -7 C in a day or two, which should freeze this armchair, swinging snowman.

Hopefully these snowmen will last till the grandchildren arrive!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, those snowmen look like white men

John Dayal said...

Wow!!! sort of describes it in a under-stated way.

Unknown said...

Its amazing....