Sunday 9 March 2008

Creating a Mobile Snowman

I thought of creating a Mobile Snowman last December (2007).



My husband, Jacob, searched the internet and found that no one had so far reported that this had been done.



Together with our eldest grandson, Samuel, who celebrated his 11th birthday today, I designed and we created the first Mobile Snowman about 8 weeks ago.

Since then we have tested various designs.

This blog is devoted to expanding the concept of creating different versions of Mobile Snowmen.

We now have several photographs and short video clips which show how we achieved our goals.

I am sure, seeing the excitement among parents and children who saw our designs in action, that this will prove to be one of the most popular pastimes in years to come.

I must thank our grandson, Samu, and my husband, Jacob, for having faith in me and my creativity so that this objective was realised.

I must especially thank Vishwanath Mallabadi, a professional photographer, who gave his time to record the first video clip of the Mobile Snowman.

In subsequent entries I will describe the different Mobile Snowmen that I have designed and also add the video clips to show how the concept was given life.



Will this go into the Guinness Book of Records? Will it be considered as a new form of dynamic art? Will it be developed to such an extent that it could become a competitive sport, especially for children?

It is possible to speculate, but in doing this, my grandson, my husband and I had a great deal of thrills and spills!

Hope you enjoy this site as it develops out of the work that I have done on designs in snow over the past several years, which has culminated in this unique development.

I would love to host pictures Aand video clips of your Mobile Snowman designs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good beginning. Interesting post.

All the best.